The website you’re looking at! A demo is included below for convenience.
Written using Jekyll and Aleksander Bakukhin’s win95.css
Firefox add-on that allows you to temporarily disable the ability to open a new tab. Built it for a friend who said they’d find the functionality to not open a new tab to be more useful for productivity than all the extensions that simply block social media sites.
A simple CLI tool for load-testing servers/making HTTP requests at scale. Written in GoLang.
I primarily built this rather than using an existing tool simply because I found it easier to achieve behaviour I wanted by just writing code rather than digging through a
man page to understand how a bunch of different flags work.
Fun fact: if you use this to load-test something running on your local machine and use http/1.1 without connection re-use you run out of file descriptors and crash your machine. Ask me how I know.
Tool for auto-generating customized cover letters for job postings on the University of Waterloo’s job board for internships/co-op jobs. Originally a ruby script built on top of Selenium, but later re-implemented as a browser extension (screenshot from this version below).
Tool built for a friend who needed a large corpus of tweets to analyze for an English paper. Rather than using twitter’s API and dealing with rate limits, I instead figured out where twitter keeps a pagination token in it’s HTML and just wrote a ruby script that successively makes calls for new tweets that mimics what Twitter’s actual frontend would send. Probably doesn’t work anymore unfortunately.
Tool I built for a social Slack server I’m a part of that likes to make a lot of custom emojis that are just text (e.g. so people can react to posts with emojis that say “nice” or “this”). We ran into a bunch of issues where some emojis weren’t legible on both the light and dark theme, so I built this tool to easily determine which colors pass web accessibility guidelines for legibility on both background colors Slack uses.
Possibly the best thing I’ve ever worked on. Made at terrible hack summer 2016, Pikalator is a Chrome extension that translates all text on your page into Pikachu’s language. It also will then read the entire page out to you using a text-to-speech API while playing the opening song from the first season of the Pokemon anime. A truly transcendent experience.
I’m working on it :)
Unfinished video game written using Ebitengine. Maybe I’ll get back to it someday.
Note that the demo below is prone to lag spikes (web assembly’s fault not mine, it runs fine on desktop I swear) and controls probably don’t work on mobile.
WASD to move, spacebar to jump, and enter to attack